Format Policy Tree dialog
Select the dialog box launcher for Policy | Display. The Format Policy Tree dialog will appear. There are a number of formatting options.
Branch length and Branch offsets can be adjusted to change the formatting of the branches on the tree. The best way to see how this works is to experiment with different values. You may wish to lengthen or shorten branches and/or change the offsets last, after you set the other formatting options described below.
- Node names - uncheck this to hide node names.
- State names - uncheck this to hide chance outcome or decision alternative names.
- Probabilities - uncheck this to hide branch probabilities.
- Get / pay values - uncheck this to hide get / pay values that occur on branches.
- Objective function expected values - uncheck this to hide the objective function values rolled back at each point in the tree.
- Attribute expected values (Fat Policy) - check this to show the expected values of all attributes at all points in the tree.
Select objective function EVs to display:
This is only available for models with multiple objective functions. Select the objective functions from the list to include in the Policy Tree display. Use Ctrl+click to select more than one item or de-select an item.
Select attributes to display (EVs and get/pays):
This is available for models with multiple attributes that have Gather attribute expected values in the Policy Tree turned on within the Objective & Utility dialog. Select the attributes from the list to include in the Policy Tree display. By default, DPL will initially display only the first 3 attributes defined. You can remove all attributes EVs from the policy tree by unchecking the Show Attribute EVs box within Policy | Display group.
- Filter based on probabilities. If you wish to only show branches within a probability range, check this and specify the minimum and maximum for the range. Note that this is the probability of the branch, not the path probability.
- Filter based on rolled-back objective function EVs. If you wish to only show branches within a range of rolled back-values for the objective function, check this and specify the minimum and maximum for the range.
Versions: DPL Professional, DPL Enterprise, DPL Portfolio