Last updated: April 07, 2021
This policy describes how and why Syncopation Software, Inc. (“Syncopation”) collects data from customers and visitors to Syncopation’s website, and how that data will be used.
Syncopation is committed to respecting the privacy of data provided to it by its customers. The “data controller” collecting the data described herein is Syncopation Software, Inc.. By using Syncopation’s website, or buying products from Syncopation, the visitor is providing explicit consent to transborder transmission of data collected on the website for the fulfillment of their voluntary requests.
From visitors to Syncopation’s website, we collect only personally identifiable information that is specifically and voluntarily provided. We may receive limited identifiable information, such as name, title, company address, email address, and telephone and fax numbers, from website visitors. Typically, this information is collected to
- Register a software product to become eligible for technical support,
- Download a trial version of one of our products,
- Enquire for further information about Syncopation’s products,
- Create an account for online purchases
- Submit a CV / resume.
Visitors may have the opportunity to purchase Syncopation’s products either online, by phoning, or by faxing order forms to Syncopation. We will collect order information and a customer’s credit card information, where applicable, in order to facilitate shipment of and payment for the products, and to provide after-sale support.
Visitors are also able to send email through the site. Their messages will contain the user’s screen name and email address, as well as any additional information the user may wish to include in the message.
Some of Syncopation’s software products require activation. Syncopation uses activation to aid license management and prevent software piracy. The data collected as part of product activation may include:
- The serial number and installation key of the purchased product,
- The date and time the activation took place, and
- The serial number of the hard disk drive or the MAC address of the network adapter of the computer upon which the software was installed.
If activation is done online, the IP address of the transacting computer may be logged. This address may identify the computer upon which the software was installed, or it may correspond to a corporate or internet service provider gateway.
Use of Data
Syncopation uses data collected from customers and website visitors in order to:
- Fulfill orders for our products and services
- Provide technical support to users of our products
- Facilitate online discussion (for visitors who have voluntarily joined a mailing list or discussion forum)
- Provide information to prospective customers
- Survey customers and visitors about their satisfaction with or interest in current or future products
- Inform customers and visitors of current and forthcoming events, training, products and product promotions
Cookies and Log Files
If you are concerned about cookies, most browsers permit individuals to decline cookies. A visitor refusing cookies can still navigate our website and can still purchase products online as an anonymous user.
In order to properly manage our website we may anonymously log information on our systems, and identify categories of visitors by items such as domains and browser types. These statistics are used to manage the operational efficiency of our systems.
It is Syncopation’s policy only to disclose information to third parties under the following circumstances:
- as required by law through subpoena, search warrant or other legal process
- when explicitly requested by a customer or visitor
- when required to deliver products or services purchased (for example, we might “disclose” your address to FedEx)
- in order to announce conferences or events related to Syncopation’s products/services hosted by a third party
Syncopation does not collect or compile personally identifying information for dissemination or sale to outside parties for consumer marketing purposes, or host mailings on behalf of third parties.
Currently, visitors are not required to register to gain access to most areas of the Syncopation website. You are not required to create an account in order to purchase a product online or register a product. If you choose, you can make a purchase or register your product via the following methods:
- Call our Sales department (+1 866 796 2375, ext. 1) to purchase over the phone with a credit card
- Send an e-mail to email@example.com or call Sales at the number above to request an order form to fill in with your credit card details. You can then fax the order form to our Sales department at +1 866 796 4688 or email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org.
User updates of information should be handled by going back through the registration process. Inquiries about the accuracy of identifying information previously submitted to Syncopation through its website, or requests to have outdated information removed, should be directed to: email@example.com. When requested and practical, Syncopation will delete identifying information from current operational systems.
Only authorized Syncopation personnel are provided access to personally identifiable information and these employees have agreed to ensure confidentiality of this information. Syncopation’s policy is to use secure socket layer technology (SSL) for the protection of credit card information submitted through web forms.
Syncopation reserves the right to modify or amend this policy statement at any time. The effective date will be displayed at the beginning of this statement.