Linking Existing Nodes to a Spreadsheet
This topic describes how you can link existing nodes to named cells in an Excel spreadsheet. If you haven't yet created the nodes, see Creating Spreadsheet-Linked Nodes.
Before linking a spreadsheet to DPL, you need to name the key drivers and output metrics (NPV, IRR, Total Cost, etc.). See Excel's documentation for information on naming cells. You may also want to look at the example spreadsheets installed with DPL, as they are all set up for easy linking.
To link a node, follow this procedure:
- Double-click on the node to bring up the Node Definition dialog. Click the Links tab.
- In the Calculation links section, select the Microsoft Excel radio button.
- Click the Browse button and locate the spreadsheet file (if the model is already linked to a spreadsheet, the Workbook box will already be filled in).
- Click the Range Names button. DPL will display the Range Names dialog.
- Choose the range you want to link to and click Select.
Versions: DPL Professional, DPL Enterprise, DPL Portfolio