This topic describes how you can create new value nodes linked to records in a database. If you have already created the nodes you would like to link, see Linking Nodes to a Database.
Before linking a database to DPL, you will need to set up your Workspace file to do so. See Database Linking Overview and the Database Specification dialog for more information. You may also want to look at the example databases installed with DPL to see how they are configured.
To create one or more linked value nodes, follow this procedure:
- Choose Influence Diagram | Node | Linked Node | Database Initialization-Linked. DPL displays the Create Database-Linked Values dialog.
- Use the drop-down list to select the table to create linked values from.
- Select the NodeIDs for which you would like linked values to be created. You can select multiple NodeIDs by holding down the Ctrl key as you click.
- Click Create. DPL creates a value node for each NodeID you selected.
- Repeat the above process as needed to create linked values from other tables.
- Click Close when you are done.
The checkboxes on the dialog control how the nodes are created as follows.
|Create arrays based on data size||Array value nodes will be created based on the dimensions in the table|
|Prefix node name with table name||The table name will be appended to the beginning of the node name|
|Create DPL program export nodes||Nodes will be created that override values of the same name in a DPL program|
|Create string nodes||String nodes will be created|
Versions: DPL Enterprise, DPL Portfolio