Exporting Portfolio Analysis Results
- Copy a chart or tabular results directly to another application, such as PowerPoint or Excel.
- Export tabular results, or the data underlying a chart, to a table in Comma Separated Value (.CSV) format.
- If you have a database-linked portfolio, you may wish to export the key analysis results (i.e. the expected values for each attribute for each project in the portfolio) to the database.
Copy a Chart or Table to Another Application
- Activate the chart or table you wish to copy.
- For a chart, use Ctrl+C or Home | Edit | Copy to copy the chart.
- For a table, select the cells you wish to copy and use Ctrl+C or Home | Edit | Copy. To select all cells, use Ctrl+A or Home | Edit | Select All.
- Note: if you are copying a multi-tab table (from a Data Report), you must select and copy each sheet individually.
- When you have copied the chart or table, switch to the destination application and Paste or Paste Special as usual.
Export a Chart or Table to a .CSV or .XML File
- Activate the chart or table you wish to export.
- Select Data | Export | Data. In the "Save as type" drop-down box, select either .CSV or .XML file.
- DPL will prompt you for a name and location to save the .CSV or .XML file.
- Note: if you are exporting a multi-tab table (e.g., from a Data Report) to a .CSV file, DPL will prompt you for whether to export all sheets or only the selected sheet. If you export all sheets, each sheet will be save in separate .CSV files.
Export Expected Values to the Database
- In order to export expected values from a DPL Portfolio Analysis to a database, you must have the linked database set up to store the expected values. Set up the database using the Database Specification dialog (Data | Database | Setup). You may require help from your company's database administrator.
- You must also tell DPL which field to export the expected value of each attribute via the Export Information button within the Portfolio Attributes dialog.
- In the Tabular Results section of the Portfolio Analysis Options dialog check Export data to database and run the analysis.
- When the analysis is complete, DPL indicate that the Attribute expected values have been exported or provides an error message if values were not written to the database. This may happen if, for example, you are not currently connected to the database or the database is in a location where it cannot be edited/changed.
Versions: DPL Portfolio