Branch Definition | Control/Block
You may set or clear control for a node using the controls in the Control/Block group of the Decision Tree tab on the ribbon. Alternatively, you may use the Control tab of the Branch Definition dialog, which is accessed by double-clicking the branches of a node in the tree.
Using the Ribbon to Set/Clear Control for a Single Node
- Select the branches of the node in the Decision Tree that you wish to modify.
- Select the state in the Control drop-down in Decision Tree | Control/Block group to which you wish to control the instance. The chosen branch is redrawn with a bold line, and the other branches are ignored during the analysis.
- To remove control, select the branches of the node and select (none) from the Control drop-down or click the Decision Tree | Control/Block | Remove button.
Using the Ribbon to Set Control for Multiple Nodes at Once
- Select the branches of all the nodes in the Decision Tree that you wish to control to the same state by using Ctrl+click or by using Shift+click and dragging a selection box around the desired nodes in the decision tree.
- With multiple nodes selected, choose the state in the lower Control drop-down in Decision Tree | Control/Block group to which you wish to control all the nodes.
You can set multiple nodes at once to be controlled to their Low (first), Nominal (middle), High (last), or Default outcome/alternative. To remove control from all multiple nodes at once, select the branches of the nodes and click the Remove button.
Using the Sticky Control
Check the Sticky box within Decision Tree | Control/Block to make the control setting for the selected node(s) sticky, i.e., once turned on for a given node(s) control for these branches must be changed individually. Adding or removing control for multiple nodes at once will have no effect on sticky, controlled branches.
Using the Branch Definition dialog to Set/Clear Control or Set Block for a Single Node
Double-click the branches of the node you'd like to modify and select the Control tab within the Branch Definition dialog.
This allows you to set the state of the event instance whose branch(es) have been selected for editing in the Decision Tree. Select the state to which you wish to set the event from the following list: none, control, block.
None is the default setting for the branch state. You may remove the Control or the Block command by selecting the None radio button.
After the control button is selected, a drop-down dialog appears in the branch state context box. Select the desired control state from the drop-down list and click OK. The chosen branch is redrawn with a bold line, and the other branches are ignored during the analysis.
Block (decision nodes only)
After the block button is selected, a list with check boxes appears in the branch state context box. Select from this list the decision alternative you would like to block and click OK. The chosen branch(es) are redrawn with a dotted line, and will be ignored during the analysis. To remove the block, set the control state to None within Branch Definition | Control or select the branches for the node and click the Decision Tree | Control/Block | Remove. You can remove blocking from multiple nodes at once by selecting them and clicking Remove.
Versions: DPL Professional, DPL Enterprise, DPL Portfolio